Post-Hospital CareOur carers are trained to help with your transition from hospital to your home and will assist you in your recovery. Our focus is on settling you comfortably back at home and allowing you to rest, recover and restore your health. After a hospital episode, most of our clients will be re-assessed by our Care Coordinator as part of our restorative care approach, under the Get READY program. It is a program guided by the Care Manager, together with your input about your physical capabilities knowing you have been sick. Over a few weeks we work intensively with you to build your physical strength and self-assurance.
The services included to aid your recovery include;
- Liaising with hospital discharge planners in organising your transition home
- Understanding your illness and liaising with the hospital staff regarding your specific recovery plan
- Medication management
- Assisting with all your domestic and personal care needs
- Assisting with follow up appointments and liaising with your GP and other allied health providers
- Giving you the positive encouragement you need and being there for you